Easy Way Out Calzones. .these Easy Calzones use store-bought pizza dough and feature two great filling ideas, with a If you're eyeballing it, it's about the size of a small apple. Roll out your dough pieces in to a circle Easy Calzones: Two Ways. I'm a big sucker for pizza – all things pizza really.
Calzones, which are made with a pizza crust-style dough and stuffed with tomato and meat or vegetable fillings, are the portable alternative to pizza. Afterwards, remove the skillet from the heat, roll out the dough, and add the filling and mozzarella cheese. Use this one basic recipe to create a vegetarian broccoli-and-cheese version and a more traditional pepperoni version (we've used healthier turkey pepperoni–no one will know the difference). You can cook Easy Way Out Calzones using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Way Out Calzones
- Prepare 1 package of store bought pizza dough, either pre made or the mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of pizza sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Your favorite pizza toppings (I used salami, pepperoni and black olives).
- You need 4 tbsp of salted butter.
- You need To taste of pepper.
- You need To taste of garlic powder.
- You need To taste of oregano.
- It’s of Shaved parmesan cheese.
Make the calzones up to a day in advance and refrigerate until ready to bake. What if we told you that you could Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray and lay out half of the pizza dough on the pan, stretching it to Need easy dinner ideas? These meals will make your weeknights way simpler. Easy to customize with the variations and wow your family and friends with this real food calzone recipe.
Easy Way Out Calzones instructions
- Make the dough per package instructions or take the ready made dough and form four balls. Roll each ball out until thin and round..
- Add 1/4 cup sauce to each, spread it evenly and then add the toppings and cheese..
- Fold them up into pockets shaped like half moons. Make sure they are sealed up well so they don’t burst while baking. You can use a fork to press the edges down and don’t be afraid to pinch them either..
- Soften the butter in a microwave safe bowl, 30 seconds at a time. Add the pepper, garlic salt and oregano, and mix well..
- Place the finished calzones on a foil lined, greased sheet pan, seam sides down. Brush the butter generously on top of each one..
- Throw a little parmesan on top and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes..
- Let them rest for a few minutes then enjoy!.
Have I got a treat for you! You know how calzone only seems like something you get at a restaurant because it's too time consuming or complicated to make at home? Why not whip up an Easy Calzone for dinner? The great thing about a Calzone is that you can customize them for each person in your family. Now all of my guys prefer their calzone with "sauce in" but I like to make mine without sauce and then just dip it in the a bowl of sauce after it's cooked.